Everyone has heard of stores like Costco, Sams, and BJ’s where you can practically buy a lifetime of anything in one purchase. As a matter of fact, you may be a member of one of these places and shop there frequently. Shopping at clubs like these can save you a lot of time and money. It can be a one stop shop from buying a TV, vegetables, sneakers, and your favorite magazine. Here are some products to buy here to get the best bang for your buck!
1. Buy electronics-Some people do not realize that they can actually get a good deal on items that are not bought in bulk. These include computers, MP3 players (including Ipods), televisions, and printers. There are usually great deals on these items and you can just buy what you need (or want ).
2. Buy Towels and Toilet Paper-When was the last time you bought a single role of paper towels? These types of items are HUGE money savers and can save you between $10-$30 a month if you buy in bulk. The best thing to do is buy these items and keep them stored in your cabinets, your garage, or any other place you can find room.
3. Buy Fruit-You can get very good deals on fruit at these places. You can get fresh cut-up fruit, apples, bananas, carrots, spinach, strawberries, mangoes, avocados, and much more. For example, bananas at these stores usually cost only a fraction of the cost than at your local supermarket. You can get several pounds of bananas for the price you would pay for a pound at your local grocery store. This may not be much, but it all adds up.
4. Buy Cakes-When its that time of the year when you need a birthday cake, these stores have what you need. You can get a large cake for the same price as a much smaller cake at your local grocery store. Most of these places also offer personalization if you order a day or two in advance.
5. Buy Books-The price of books at these stores are much cheaper than at your bookstore usually. You can expect to save between 20%-40% on most books. I personally use Amazon for most of my purchases, but like to look around and might buy a book here from time to time.
6. Buy Bottled Water and Drinks-If you use a drink vending machine often, then consider buying drinks in bulk. These include: coke, energy drinks, bottled water, to the Starbucks specialty drinks. Take bottled water for example. A vending machine may charge $1 for each bottle, when you could get it about .20 cents. That a markup of .80 cents. Imagine if you save .80 cents five days a week for a month, that’s $16 in a month and $192 a year. This is just one example. The same applies for other beverages.
7. Buy Magazines-These can be expensive if you like to buy magazines individually in a store. But at these clubs, you can usually get between 20%-40% off the cover price.
8. Buy Appliances-These stores offer a huge saving on a wide assortment of brand name appliances. These include microwaves, stoves, ovens, and just about anything that goes in your kitchen. Not all of them are on display in the stores, but can be ordered and delivered over their website at unbeatable prices.
9. Buy Vitamins-We all know we should take vitamins. These clubs offer discounts on these as well. You usually have to buy several hundred in a bottle, but at least they will last a while before you have to worry about going to the store to restock. Most offer brand names as well as their own brand as well.
These ideas are something for you to think about and decide for yourself. There are many other reasons to shop at these places. All of these clubs do charge a yearly member fee of around $50. This covers some of their costs and is worth it even if you only shop there several times a year. You may also want to consider what kind of account you want. There are business accounts that offer cash back options depending how much you buy. There are also personal memberships with fewer perks. I know some people who only go there twice a year and stock up on everything. Some people go there every week. It’s all up to you. Happy Shopping!
Get Your FREE
7 Steps to Create the Life You Want
Includes a free interactive printable PDF workbook and VIP access to more free tools and resources by email that are only available to subscribers.
Just enter your first name and e-mail address and you will have instant access to this ebook course.
**Double-check your email for accuracy to ensure you receive your free mini course.
Privacy Assured: Your email address is never shared with anyone.
- Being Grateful (1)
- Brainstorming (1)
- Business (1)
- Comfort Zone (3)
- Communication (3)
- Follow Your Passion (7)
- Goal Setting (8)
- Habits (11)
- Health (5)
- Learning (4)
- Money/Finance (1)
- NLP (2)
- Popular (5)
- Raw Food (1)
- Saving Money (2)
- Stress (1)
- Subconscious Mind (1)
- Thinking (8)
- Time Management (11)
- Tony Robbins (3)
- Welcome (1)