Most people have one thing in common when the alarm goes off in the morning. They simply don’t want to be up and want to go back to sleep while pressing the snooze button a few times. Sound like you?
After waking up late, they rush in the shower and get their coffee ready, only to spill it all over the place. By the time they are in the car to head to work, they are already in a bad mood. The rush hour traffic does not help either because now the stress is building up because they are going to be late. Finally, when they get to work they find out that there are a load of emails that they must respond to. Now, it might only be 9 am, but the day has already been so bad that the rest of the day will most likely continue like this unless something is changed.
Life does not have to be like this. You CAN wake up and be full of energy; however most people don’t. How? Having some daily rituals will help you start your day on a good note. Let’s take a look at a few:
1. Plan your day the night before-Doing this will allow your mind to process the information during the night. Also, upon waking up you will be able to look directly at the list and get your day going. Make sure to plan something exciting that will inspire you. Perhaps its having lunch with some friends, doing a yoga workout, going to a sporting event, or having a morning routine. See step #6.
2. Drink water as soon as you wake up-Your body becomes dehydrated at night because you typically don’t drink in the middle of the night, unless you wake up. Depending on how many hours you sleep, you may go 8 or 9 hours without drinking. This glass of water will help get your body going and energize you.
3. Exercise during the day-Some people do not sleep well because they simply have trouble falling asleep. Exercising will help you get a better nights sleep because your body will be ready for nice rest when you hit the bed. As we all know, exercise is good for your body and you will start to see results.
4. Get enough sleep-Getting sleep is vital for the body. The amount of sleep required varies depending who you talk to. Looking at your sleep cycles is a great way to determine the sleep you need. We all sleep in approximately 90 minutes cycles. This means that your best times to awake feeling energized are at 4.5 hours, 6 hours, and 7.5 hours. Keep this in mind when you set your alarm.
5. Cut back on energy drinks and coffee-These drinks may give you more energy, however, sleep should not be replaced with these. Instead try drinking and eating more healthy things like salads, green drinks, tea, smoothies, and nuts. These will help you feel better during the day and ultimately have more energy.
6. Create a morning ritual-This is important because it gives you something to look forward to when you wake up. Try giving yourself enough time in the morning to do something you enjoy. It may only for a short time, but make it count. It could be having a cup of tea, reading a book, working out, meditating, planning your day, or doing deep breathing. DON’T CHECK YOUR EMAIL OR GET CARRIED AWAY WITH TASKS THAT DON’T SERVE YOU. Make sure to create “you time” and stay away from any distractions. Tony Robbins refers to this as your “Hour of Power” and does a great job explaining it.
Having this morning routine and really making a conscious decision to adapt some of these principles in your life, can make a huge difference in your life. If some of these seems overwhelming, simply take one of two of them and start implementing them into your life today. You just might be surprised how they can help you live a less stressful life and be able to make you feel better all day long.
Go and take action today.
Get Your FREE
7 Steps to Create the Life You Want
Includes a free interactive printable PDF workbook and VIP access to more free tools and resources by email that are only available to subscribers.
Just enter your first name and e-mail address and you will have instant access to this ebook course.
**Double-check your email for accuracy to ensure you receive your free mini course.
Privacy Assured: Your email address is never shared with anyone.
- Being Grateful (1)
- Brainstorming (1)
- Business (1)
- Comfort Zone (3)
- Communication (3)
- Follow Your Passion (7)
- Goal Setting (8)
- Habits (11)
- Health (5)
- Learning (4)
- Money/Finance (1)
- NLP (2)
- Popular (5)
- Raw Food (1)
- Saving Money (2)
- Stress (1)
- Subconscious Mind (1)
- Thinking (8)
- Time Management (11)
- Tony Robbins (3)
- Welcome (1)